Want A Quick Support?

For more enquiries and information, Please send us an email

Email Your Question Send Us a Tweet


To study for the USMLE at the onsite Kaplan preparatory Centre you will need to apply for a US F-1 Visa.
This is the most common type of student visa. If you wish to engage in academic studies in the United States at an approved school, such as an accredited U.S. college or university, private secondary school, or approved English language program then you will need an F-1 visa. You will also need an F-1 visa if your course of study is more than 18 hours a week.

Spouses and/or unmarried children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join the principal visa holder in the United States for the duration of his/her stay require derivative F or M visas. There is no derivative visa for the parents of F or M holders.

Family members who do not intend to reside in the United States with the principal visa holder, but wish to visit for vacations only, may be eligible to apply for visitor (B-2) visas.

Spouses and dependents may not work in the United States on a derivative F or M visa. If your spouse/child seeks employment, the spouse must obtain the appropriate work visa

To apply for an F or M visa, you must submit the following:

  • A Non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form. Visit the DS-160 webpage for more information about the DS-160.

  • A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.

  • One (1) 2"x2" (5cmx5cm) photograph. This page has information about the required photo format.

  • A receipt showing payment of your US$160 non-refundable non-immigrant visa application processing fee, paid in local currency. If a visa is issued, there may be an additional visa issuance reciprocity fee, depending on your nationality. The Department of State's website can help you find out if you must pay a visa issuance reciprocity fee and what the fee amount is.

  • An approved Form i-20 from your U.S. school or program.

  • In addition to these items, you must present an interview appointment letter confirming that you booked an appointment through this service. You may also bring whatever supporting documents you believe support the information provided to the consular officer.

    $4,760. Please visit the ‘Fees’ Page for payment process and options.

    Yes, Kaplan provides online preparatory programs. Send us a mail to find out more.

    We assist in finding you accommodation placements once you have paid the application fee. For more information click here.

    Yes. The B1-B2 visa is only a visiting/tourist visa. For study purposes you are expected to obtain an F1 visa from the US embassy in your home country. We will provide you with documentation required and guidance in order to obtain your F1 visa upon confirmation of your registration.


    LaCantera is a registered official Agent of Kaplan that helps to bundle useful services for potential students in order to create the most affordable and discounted offers for the USMLE preparatory courses.

    ============================= -->